Hand refurbishing a truck radiator in Pakistan..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least he's wearing shoes and not sandals. Most of those guys I'm seen on those
videos are wearing sandals or barefeet. He probably dropped some of that solder
on his feet in the past!

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched several videos from Pakistan and the working and safety conditions, equipment, processes and results are amazing. I am amazed when they start stoking old oil fired furnaces with used motor oil, coke and wood to melt cast iron or steel to who know what ASTM material standard and an furnace full of molten aluminum looks like the fires of hell.

The main thing is how dirty the factories are with trash and used casting sand broken castings spread around everywhere. The sand casting videos show processes straight out of the 1800's but they get the job done.

These guys remind me of the old saying they have done so much with so little for so long time they are now qualified to anything with nothing.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched several videos from Pakistan and the working and safety conditions, equipment, processes and results are amazing. I am amazed when they start stoking old oil fired furnaces with used motor oil, coke and wood to melt cast iron or steel to who know what ASTM material standard and an furnace full of molten aluminum looks like the fires of hell.

The main thing is how dirty the factories are with trash and used casting sand broken castings spread around everywhere. The sand casting videos show processes straight out of the 1800's but they get the job done.

These guys remind me of the old saying they have done so much with so little for so long time they are now qualified to anything with nothing.

Watched one the other day where they were using a sledge to bust down old engine blocks, and re-cast them into disc brakes for trucks lol. Interesting for sure.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a section of their country known for gun making. Both keeping the old running and building new guns. Hand fitting, manual manufacturing and all. Supposed to be a very dangerous part of their world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom