Handgun ammo prices...chriiiist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I either buy in bulk or reload. No problems or lacking in either, but have traded in .380 to a couple folks and I know what these fellas were shooting etc. the old .3&0 round never has gotten a lot of love. Glad I don’t carry one (at least shoot one often). Ammoseek had ball ammo for $1/RD and higher. No wonder someone was asking about reloading it. Never figured that round to go through the roof. I would bet stock of it across the board was low as it is less main stream caliber than 9/40. Just wow, well goes to show. When or if it ever gets back to &0/500 or whatever, stack it deep. Rant off. No **** why everyone was complaining about 9mm. Freaking $1/rd for .380, .50+/rd for 9 in bulk. They can kick rocks.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All that and now we have people asking .70 a round for crap bulk .223. It's insane. It's enough to just make me stop shooting for a little bit. I'll wait until things settle down. If they don't settle down, cheap ammo will be the least of our worries.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those that have and resell for a profit may just be kicking themselves if current market doesn't correct itself in the next election cycle.. I thought .38 cpr for 9 was high here recently but when I looked it was sold out.. I'll be hanging onto the 150 rds I have.. Gold / silver/ ammo the new currency ?

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those that have and resell for a profit may just be kicking themselves if current market doesn't correct itself in the next election cycle.. I thought .38 cpr for 9 was high here recently but when I looked it was sold out.. I'll be hanging onto the 150 rds I have.. Gold / silver/ ammo the new currency ?
Agreed, would be easy to sell now and make some quick money, but I am not convinced it is going to get better anytime soon so I am holding on to everything

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's times like this when I focus on long range precision and sporting clays. If my 7mm Rem Mag costs about the same to shoot as a my 380 ACP why not? When 308 costs the same as 9mm, it's a no-brainer. Wal-Mart still carries 7.62x51/308 because they consider 308 to be a hunting round and it's still in stock at most locations.

Gear for hunting is still widely available. I'll just focus on that until this blows over. I need to get out in the field again anyway. Only 10 days until dove season :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tons of brass and loaded 9mm, but wouldn't even think of gouging any of my fellow shooters by making a profit off of it.
I'll just keep shooting it. Shooters have brought this problem on themselves by hoarding once again and agreeing to paying exorbitant prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom