Handgun Friendly Hotel in Enid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tac Shot

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks. That's not true in Texas. Most of the major chains are anti-gun and in the larger cities, the hotels prohibit guns by posting the signage required by the Texas Penal code Section 30.06. It's gotten so bad, the Texas Legislature passed HB 333 requiring hotels and motels to provide advance notice if they prohibit firearms. It was Signed by Governor Perry and becomes law effective September 1, 2013. As you may know, there are only two signs banning Concealed Carry in Texas. Anything else has no legal standing. They are a 30.06 sign, and a 51% sign.

A 30.06 sign is a sign that a business owner can post to restrict a CHL holder from entering the business with a concealed handgun. The sign must contain the exact words required by Section 30.06 in both English and Spanish, be placed in an area visible to the public, and have 1" lettering or it will not be considered a legally-binding 30.06 sign. "Gunbuster" signs, or signs with a red slash through a gun, are not considered valid 30.06 postings.

A 51% sign is a sign that a business is required by law to post if 51% of their revenue is obtained through on-premises drinking, such as at a bar. Unfortunately this also has the consequence of not allowing CHL holders to enter the premises where the drinking is taking place while carrying their handgun. This may apply to some restaurants where alcohol is the major source of it's revenue.

Additional places are not required to post a sign to forbid CHL holders from entering the premises with their handgun as Texas law already forbids it, such as court houses and educational institutions.

A web site has been collecting the names of businesses in Texas posting such signs. Although not all inclusive, it helps. It is: http://www.texas3006.com/view.php

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it. I'm not aware of any restrictions at Enid hotels. Just be sure and book early! With all the oil/gas activity in NW OK, Enid books up quickly. Do NOT stay at the Days Inn by Vance AFB. That place should be imploded.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know when you plan on coming but, if it's anytime soon, you're probably already out of luck. Like flatwins said, hotel/motel rooms in Enid book up unbelievably fast. They are booked up months in advace ... literally. You may very well have to go to one of the outlining towns to find a room. I know it has not been uncommon recently for people to have to go to Perry (about 40 miles) or Stillwater (about 70 miles). I would get online and start looking NOW, if you haven't already. Honestly, I don't think the 'handgun-friendly' issue would be a concern. But, if you find a room somewhere in Enid that you want me to check up on, let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom