have you seen the new federal guard dog ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Federal markets this as a "low penetration" round then I don't see "Low Penetration" as a negative.

You may want something that has lots of penetration, like the OP of the video does, and that's fine, but this ain't it.

I don't know that I agree with people knocking it for lacking penetration when that is what Federal designed it to do.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Federal markets this as a "low penetration" round then I don't see "Low Penetration" as a negative.

You may want something that has lots of penetration, like the OP of the video does, and that's fine, but this ain't it.

I don't know that I agree with people knocking it for lacking penetration when that is what Federal designed it to do.

This was my thinking as well
9" of penetration through sheet rock and denim seems good enough to get the job done. Hit someone center chest and the bullet will be tickling the spin. Sounds like enough to ruin anyone's day and not have to worry about killing someone behind the person your trying to hit.
What else could you ask for?

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This was my thinking as well
9" of penetration through sheet rock and denim seems good enough to get the job done. Hit someone center chest and the bullet will be tickling the spin. Sounds like enough to ruin anyone's day and not have to worry about killing someone behind the person your trying to hit.
What else could you ask for?[/QUOTE]

A 9mm that isn't out performed by a .380acp. (according to him)

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I like federal ammo, but i was wanting to use this for self defense. But the low penetrating ability of this particular round isnt what i hoped it to be. I didnt like the jacket/core seperation and the almost 9 inches of penetration it shown. I see that it is designed to not penetrate as much....but outside the house this is useless IMO.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think saying its useless outside the home is a little agressive, less than ideal I agree with completely. I'll revert back to what I said initially, this was designed as a low pentration HD round. I think people are expecting this round to be something it was never designed to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom