HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pktderk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extremist Pullup - contact your representative and let them know you are interested in the bill passing and you would like to see their vote in favor of this in the future.

Go to this website and use the quick finder guide to find your representative to get their email address:
http://www.capitolconnect.com/demoassoc1/legislatorsearch.aspx

Send them a letter stating the following......

Dear Representative:

I am very pleased that you voted YES on the open carry bill when the time came to override the veto.

Another veto override vote will take place soon.

There is no reason why Oklahomans cannot be trusted to become residents of the 44th open carry state. I hope to have your YES vote again in the future!

This bill is very important to me and many Oklahoma gun owners.

We will remember what you do.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just forwarded Russ's letter even though I wasn't in one of the rep's district. I did modify it some. It might be a little long but I had to get these things off my chest. Here is my version:

Dear Representatives:

I am highly distressed that you either (1) changed your vote on the open carry bill, or (2) refused to vote at all, when the time came to override the veto. I was particularly appalled when Glen Bud Smithson referred to some of us as cowards but he himself was afraid to even cast a vote on the issue. Is that any way to serve the people, some who may have even voted for him?

Another veto override vote will take place soon and I hope some of you don't decide to once again to fail to vote which is essentially the same as a no vote in a veto override attempt.

Take a stand! There is no reason why Oklahomans cannot be trusted to become residents of the 44th open carry state. Other states with open carry have no problems with crime or tourism as the naysayers try to convince us.

I myself do not live in any of your districts but my friends who do will remember what you do. Many of them might be silent but they do pay close attention to what is going on and vote regularly.

Sincerely,
JWH

pktderk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extremist Pullup -

Go to this website and use the quick finder guide to find your representative to get their email address:
http://www.capitolconnect.com/demoassoc1/legislatorsearch.aspx

Send them a letter stating the following......

Dear Representative:

I am very pleased that you voted YES on the open carry bill, when the time came to override the veto.

There is no reason why Oklahomans cannot be trusted to become residents of the 44th open carry state. I am in favor of this passing in the future!

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bringing this forward for those who don't go back and read previous post.
My guys voted yea. And will again if giving the chance.

Russ cook just sent this to me, maybe there is still a chance:

SUBJECT: Urge AWOL & Turncoat legislators to override open carry veto!

You're receiving this email because you support the Petition for Open Carry in Oklahoma at http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html.

House Representative Rex Duncan has stated that he may make another attempt to override the Governor's veto of HB3354, see http://newsok.com/article/3462793.

Here's the deal - the open carry bill passed by veto proof majorities in both houses. But after Governor Brad "Veto Happy" Henry vetoed the bill, 15 representatives changed their vote or refused to vote at all for the bill!

It's one thing for a legislator to stand up and vote anti-gun - that's at least honest.

But its a whole 'nother thing to play games and tricks with the people's right to arms - to hide your vote, duck your vote, and otherwise shirk their duty to take a stand and cast a recorded vote.

Adding insult to injury, incredibly, Representative Glenn Bud Smithson (D-Sallisaw) called open carry supporters COWARDS, see
http://newsok.com/open-carry-weapon...article/3459027?custom_click=lead_story_title, but then turned around and REFUSED to even stand up and cast a vote on the veto override matter!

TURNCOATs - Changed Vote from YEA on original vote to NAY on override vote -
Auffet ( D) [email protected] (405) 557-7394
Carey (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7366
Glenn (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7399
Hoskin (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7319
Inman (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7370
Luttrell (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7355
Rousselot (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7388
Shoemake (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7373

AWOLs- PRESENT BUT DID NOT VOTE -
Buck (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7383
Hilliard (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7412
Kirby (R) [email protected] (405) 557-7356
Morgan (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7368
Morrissette (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7404
Nations (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7323
Smithson (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7315

[Voting record and contact information can be found at http://www.ok.gov]

The good news is we only need 3 more votes to save the open carry bill. However, time is short!

Action Item #1: If YOUR personal representative is on the TURNCOAT or AWOL lists, contact them - email, phone, and in person if you can - go to their office and **POLITELY** request to see him on this matter and urge him to vote correctly and let Oklahoma join the 43 other States that enjoy Open Carry in accordance with the Founders' intent! Bring your friends and family - make it a freedom delegation!

Action Item #2: Email the entire list of TURNCOATs and AWOLs!

Make their Blackberries' inbox crack like machine gun fire!

Suggested message:
--

TO: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

SUBJECT: Urge your legislators to override the open carry bill veto!

Dear Representative:

I am highly distressed that you either (1) changed your vote on the open carry bill, or (2) refused to vote at all, when the time came to override the veto.

Take a stand! There is no reason why Oklahomans cannot be trusted to become residents of the 44th open carry state.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

--
CARRY ON!
Russ Cook
Oklahoma Open Carry Petition Founder

--
Support Open Carry for Oklahoma http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

If you representative is listed as either AWOL or Turncoat please contact them and ask them to vote "yea" if it comes up again.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how can I help, if my house and senate district voted for it.

Mine voted for it as well. I targeted the flip floppers and the excused with the following compilation:

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Dear Representative:

I am highly distressed that you either (1) changed your vote on the open
carry bill, or (2) refused to vote at all, when the time came to override the
veto.

Here's the deal - the open carry bill passed by veto proof majorities in
both houses. But after Governor Henry vetoed the bill, you 15 representatives
changed your vote or refused to vote at all for the bill!

It's one thing for a legislator to stand up and vote anti-gun - that's at
least honest. But its a whole other thing to play games and tricks with the
people's right to arms - to hide your vote, duck your vote, and otherwise shirk
your duty to take a stand and cast a recorded vote.

Take a stand! Oklahoma will continue to have some of the most strict
handgun carry controls in the United States because the bill only legalizes open
carry for persons who are (1) US citizens, (2) over 21 years of age, and, (3) also already
holding the Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit. These are the same trustworthy
Oklahomans carrying handguns in public throughout Oklahoma every day.

Over 12,000 Oklahomans have signed the open carry petition. I join them in
urging you to override Governor Henry's ill conceived veto of HB 3354. Please
represent the majority of your constituents who want this veto overturned.

This bill is very important to me and many Oklahoma gun owners, and
obviously, we are watching.

Sincerely,

Your name & address.

Let's take away the "We haven't heard from the people one way or the other" excuse.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who may be skeptical, here is a form to complete to be able to open carry in Massachusetts, one of the most firearm restrictive states. Obviously, they aren't worried what tourists from New York might think.

(I hope this attachment works)

Attachments

• mass_oc.jpg
    mass_oc.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 137

Latest posts

Top Bottom