He got away!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw the biggest buck I've ever seen in the woods tonight. Beautiful, huge 10 point. Came out of a treeline about 70 yards away walked right toward my tree. Couldn't draw as he was walking and looking right at me. Then he went behind a limb as he turned broadside. I drew and was ready for him to step out. When he did, he was moving fast. I was getting my aim on him and trying to catch up so I didn't shoot him too far back. Just as I got the shot, my lower limb hit the other main limb of the tree and he was then out of my shooting window walking away from me.

I was almost shaking from the adrenaline, mad and sick to my stomach, but literally laughing at the same time. Dang it!!

Probably won't ever see him again. :nolike:

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks.

I only feel good about it because I did the right thing by not rushing a shot and just wounding a beautiful animal.

You will get another shot. You did the right thing. I always hate to think about wounding them. I would rather not take the shot.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is one situation where traditional gear is better. You could have drawn and shot quick and your brain does the aiming for a moving deer. Neat that you saw him though and got that close.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you did the right thing. Either way that's an awesome experience. The rush of being that close to such a magnificant animal is worth it all.

Hope you get an arrow in him next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom