Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1645853820345.png

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted a no till wheat field last night. With the wind direction and location of the hogs I had to go for a long walk. I made about a 700 yard "L" shaped walk to come in from downwind of the pigs. I was in a good position and had the crosshairs on one of the pigs, squeezed the trigger and heard just a click. Racked the charging handle and dropped it on a new round slowly so I didn't spook the pigs. I used the FA to make sure the round was seated and steadied on the boar again. Squeezed the trigger again for another click. Repeated the eject and load and another click. I am frustrated and sent a text for the farmer to come pick me up because my gun wouldn't fire. The pigs were still in front of me, maybe even a little closer. I looked at a couple of the "duds" to see a light primer strike. I have been hunting pretty hard lately and have been in a blowing dust, light rain, and temperatures in the teens. The only thing I have done is oiled the gun. I suspected it was a little gummy and causing the light primer strikes. I decided to keep trying. #4 was a click. #5 fired!

The first boar was quartered to me pretty hard and if you watch closely it runs and piles up really close to pig #2. I am not sure if my 2nd shot hit the running boar #2 or not, but my 3rd shot did and the boar went tumbling. My 4th shot was at boar #3 that was running almost straight away dropping it right there as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom