Headed to Moore - Chainsaw Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bit of a thread revival-

I've been trimming trees all day so this was fresh on my mind. As others have stated, for debris cleanup work, the smaller/lighter 14-16" saws would be a better choice than the 18-20" variety. I've got a Stihl MS211 that I bought before I moved into a place with 10 mature trees. Currently looking really hard at the MS250. I was considering the MS290 Farm Boss and still may go that route but it's a heavier saw to lug around than the 250.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A bit of a thread revival-

I've been trimming trees all day so this was fresh on my mind. As others have stated, for debris cleanup work, the smaller/lighter 14-16" saws would be a better choice than the 18-20" variety. I've got a Stihl MS211 that I bought before I moved into a place with 10 mature trees. Currently looking really hard at the MS250. I was considering the MS290 Farm Boss and still may go that route but it's a heavier saw to lug around than the 250.

I have a Farm Boss, and it's an excellent saw.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Farm Boss, and it's an excellent saw.

I'm now thinking that if I get a bigger saw I might as well go with the MS290 (Farm Boss). If I kept my 211 around for the times I needed a lighter saw and had the 290 for heavier work, I'd be set for most anything. Wonder if I should add Stihl chainsaws to the "What do you collect" thread..

;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom