Headed to Moore - Chainsaw Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no offense, I appreciate your desires to help but learning to use a chainsaw "on the job" is not a great idea.

+100

If you have to have one then buy a couple of extra chains, files, sharpening guide, bar oil, 2 cycle oil, 89 octane fuel without Ethanol(preferable) and another chainsaw while you are at it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RSC/United had one Stihl Farmboss for rental as of yesterday. It costs around $60 for a single day rental which includes a new chain, additional chains cost $21.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything with Stihl on it is a good saw.

But, as has already been stated, Moore OK in the next few days is not where you need to be learning where to run a chainsaw.

You've got a good heart though. Nothing wrong with wanting to help, as long as you aren't in the way.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only trained personnel should be using chainsaws in that debris field. That said, every chainsaw user will utilize 3-4 debris haulers (YOU) to clear out what they have made a manageable size. My suggestion would be stay away at least until the weekend and better yet the next weekend.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for You wanting to be of help....Good advice on here too

.I fought forest fires for 2 years, 36" stihl.....I wouldnt want to run a saw in that , mainly because of the possibilities of people being trapped(or worse).
I would help move them out ,but running a saw in That , again ....Good for You

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
even a medium size saw like my husky 445 (12#) gets tiresome real quick lugging it around,you wont be constantly using it, you arm will fall off first.a small light echo or stilh with a 10" bar will cut a lot of stuff, save a larger saw for when you need it.if you think you will be dulling chain too often bring a dremil rotory tool with grinding bits , they sell bits for this in chainsaw section at lowes and home depot, you can resharpen chain in the field if you have 120V,or get a 12V to 120V converter,resharpened this way is not like a pro shop resharpened job but it will get the saw cutting again,just be VERY carefull.if you get a small saw dont get one where the chain tightening is adjusted with some plastic junk knob, get a saw where you loosen a nut or 2 , then with flat blade screwdriver tighten chain and then re tightnen nuts back down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom