Heartland Match Sept 19th!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I bought a new home alarm that it sounds like the CED7000 instead of that other ringing sound.
Hahaha...Pavlov ftw!
Naw, that sounds about right. On signal, draw and engage targets as seen. Conduct room clearance as necessary (flashlight optional).

We'll use "DRT" scoring for snubbies, so the shooting challenges will NOT be watered down for the hicap guys.
What is "DRT scoring"? Fill in the ignorant.

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the shooting challenges, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. If you're not comfortable putting on an entire stage, but have an idea, we can probably work it into a stage.......but only if you let me know your idea!!

Fire around left side of barricade with left hand only, at 3 targets (best 2 hits scored) followed by mandatory reload.
Fire around right side of barricade with right hand only, at 3 targets (best 2 hits scored) followed by mandatory reload.
Kneel and fire through low port at 3 targets (best 2 hits scored).
Targets hung in the 2, 4 and 6 lane, center target slightly further.

If you kept the safe box/barricade from last night, you can flip it over and use the narrow slot as the kneeling port. ;)

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hang five (or six) targets. Start behind tape line.

Engage targets with one round each (torso). Mandatory reload. Engage targets with one round each (torso). Mandatory reload and move forward to shooting box. Engage targets with one round each, fired at the head.

Comstock count. Score the best two hits to the torso and the best hit to the head.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comstock count. Score the best two hits to the torso and the best hit to the head.

Since I have not affiliated with any "official" entity, I don't have to follow their rules. :D

For example, USPSA does not allow you to use one hand only, then the other hand only in the same stage. Premise being, you're only using one hand because the other is "wounded," and therefore cannot become "unwounded" later in the same stage. However, I can ignore all that!

But that doesn't mean I can't benefit from their experience, as well as from my own. (I've been shooting this stuff since 1982)

The problem with "comstock" (unlimited shots allowed) with targets you re-engage during the same course of fire is that you'll have folks who, regardless of the intent of the stage, will do whatever is necessary to win. For example, a hicap-magwell sorta guy (not mentioning any names here......) could fire his first and second set of shots from the long distance as fast as possible, hits be damned. Then, at the closer distance, triple tap all of them, ensuring good hits.

The quick fix is to make it "Virginia" count (limited number of shots allowed) which USPSA doesn't allow on a field course, but, again, I can ignore that!

Good ideas so far, so keep the ideas coming, guys!!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is "DRT scoring"? Fill in the ignorant.

"DRT" scoring is "Dead Right There."

This means ONE center hit (circle, head or 'A' zone) will be deemed enough to make the target "dead right there." This would allow a snubby shooter to manage his low round capacity to his best advantage, as could easily be required in real life.

Or 2 hits anywhere, providing at least one is a "C" zone or better hit.

However, the downside is, if you only fire once and hit the "C" zone, you get a 5 second penalty. :(

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anything with gun manipulation, Im all for. Theres some folks who could use the practice.

While I agree in theory, in practice, I don't want people to "practice" unfamiliar things under time pressure with a loaded gun by themselves, much less with other people there.

Still, there might be things we can incorporate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom