Heartland Outdoors Promising March 6th Range Opening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was there today and the guy promised that the range will be open on March 6th. :hyper:

I don't really believe it either but thought I would share what I was told.
:laughup:

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You will have to take out a loan to shoot there. 15.00 per hour to shoot in their new shiney range. Too rich for my blood. I was so dissapointed about the price of membership also. They are definitely filtering out the riff raf. You will have to cough up big bucks for a membership. Also the range is going to be really cramped will little room to walk behind the shooters already there, too bad there wasn't a little more room.

The fact that they have been promising this range since November I think caused me to get a OKC gun club membership as well as a blue card from H and H. Total price for that endeavor was about 400.00 bucks initially but it will go down for next year. I'm afraid Heartland Outdooors is out of the question for me. And I live about 3 miles away.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will have to take out a loan to shoot there. 15.00 per hour to shoot in their new shiney range. Too rich for my blood. I was so dissapointed about the price of membership also. They are definitely filtering out the riff raf. You will have to cough up big bucks for a membership. Also the range is going to be really cramped will little room to walk behind the shooters already there, too bad there wasn't a little more room.

The fact that they have been promising this range since November I think caused me to get a OKC gun club membership as well as a blue card from H and H. Total price for that endeavor was about 400.00 bucks initially but it will go down for next year. I'm afraid Heartland Outdooors is out of the question for me. And I live about 3 miles away.

Yeah $15/hr is not great but H&H is not that much less, especially considering the hassle of driving there from Edmond. I only live a few miles from Heartland and will go there on bad weather days if I get the itch to shoot but I will just go to OKC Gun Club 90% of the time. The best thing H&H has going for it, BTW, is that wicked good onion burger!

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it opening, but I won't be getting a membership at those prices.

I'll probably go shooting there, when I don't have an afternoon to kill by driving down to H&H. It will be much closer to home.

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to put my .02 worth into this, but. 15.00/hr is a little pricey. I don't know, but that new building they are renting is probably costly. Plus that they are in Edmond. Edmond always seem to cost more than other areas in the OKC metro. We're all not rich up here. There is a vacant retail area on 2nd and Kelly. When I first moved here, 20 years ago, it was a grocery store, then it was a Big Lot, now it has been empty for some time. I always thought it would have been a great place for a gun store/range. Plenty of parking space and in a well traveled intersection. I live about a mile from Heartland Outdoors, in fact I passed by there yesterday going to Lowes, there were not a lot of cars in the parking lot and it was mid day. I've only been in there once and didn't get a good feeling. Maybe I should give them a second chance. I think I will stay with H&H and when the weather gets better drive out to Banner Rd. I would like to join the OKC gun club. See I'm widowed, my kids are grown up and I do have time on my hands during the weekends and would like to get envolved with something. Plus I'll be retiring in about 4 years. I don't know if they will make it or not. But they really need the support of the local community. I don't think Edmondnites will support it with those prices. Think about it. I can drive to H&H, it will take me about 20 minutes and use about 2 gallons of gas. The range fee is what 9.00 for as long as you want. Am I correct? Adding all that up, it's still cheaper than 15.00/hr. You spend 2 hours at Heartland, that's $30.00. Just my opinion.

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested to see their fully air conditioning during the summer, bet ya it will beat H&H bays which seem to get hot during winter with all the folks in there :P

Khest

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm afraid Heartland Outdooors is out of the question for me. And I live about 3 miles away.

Amen to that. I live about 5 miles away from it and at those prices I'd rather just drive down to H&H or out to some property I own out near Wellston. I swear, businesses open up in "Edmond' and suddenly they think they can charge an arm and a leg for services you can get elsewhere half price or less.

Then again, you watch....even at those prices for what you get, the place will be packed all day long ;-) Stupid rich people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom