Heartland Outdoors SHUTS DOWN 12-31-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the back story on the holsters just google kytac and read the threads all over the net from the people David E has ripped off.

I googled and didn't find anything except a thread on The High Road where somebody was asking for recommendations for an IWB holster.
A member with the screen name of "David E" said,

the BraveHeart by KyTac works extremely well.

www.kytac.com

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I googled and didn't find anything except a thread on The High Road where somebody was asking for recommendations for an IWB holster.
A member with the screen name of "David E" said,

It's a long story that's been around for years. It isn't fictitious, just very contentious. I've never commented on it, because I've never been personally involved. I have met several dissatisfied customers. Never with the product, always with delivery. FWIW:

http://www.bbb.org/oklahoma-city/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/kytac-in-edmond-ok-90002441

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is too bad. I've been in Heartland a few times but only bought powder. I did assume, however, that the area was a high rent district and with the extra insurance costs of running a gun range that it would be difficult to stay in the black.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. I just bought my daughter a new bow from HO for Christmas. Guys in the store were always very friendly!

Its hard to believe that a gun store in the current market would not be able to stay open. Was the range keeping the retail afloat? Even if it was, every time I had been in the store in the last year, the range was busy...with waiting lists most times.

Sort of a jump off topic....a quick hijack....I have heard rumors about a range/retail store going in somewhere in N Okc. Any truth to that rumor?

DogOnTheGround

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that sucks but their prices were high as hell.

The last time I shot there Ol Dave was putting on a match that he came up with for a charity. Then towards the end he decided to enter his own match that he shot the course of fire on to proof, and walked away with an AR for first price I think. Done with both HO and Dave that day.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that sucks but their prices were high as hell.

The last time I shot there Ol Dave was putting on a match that he came up with for a charity. Then towards the end he decided to enter his own match that he shot the course of fire on to proof, and walked away with an AR for first price I think. Done with both HO and Dave that day.

A guy puts on a match for charity, offering an AR-15 as a prize, then enters his own event to win the prize? Seriously?

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks to hear since it's so close to me. I usually go to the OKCGC but this was a nice option on bad weather days.

Their prices were ridiculous on most everything I looked at. I know its hard for these small stores to compete with big box retailers and online merchants but everything I ever look at there was 20%+ higher.They offered to order me a Ruger LCR .38 Special for $650.....so instead I drove down the street to Academy and bought it for their regular price of $450. I always try to support local business first and if it had been $30 or so I would have gladly paid it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom