Hello everyone! New guy with Taurus Judge and questions on ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
had a judge with 3 inch chamber & barrel. killed snakes at 10 to 15 feet number 5 shot tore them up pretty bad. 1 shot stopped them. gun kicked like a mule.

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my first round a #6 shot than a buckshot than a .45 then a buckshot and finally a .45, carjackers beware!
The Federal Judge loads work good in my gun.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i doubt judge with 410 shells would discriminate too much between fruit melon and skin & bone melon at at the ranges being mentioned. i won't be the one offering the skin and bone melon to test, i would think the 410 or 45LC load at applicable range would bust that melon well enough.

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a .45 colt defensive round that has performed really well in the Judge as well as in standard length cowboy style guns. 250gr Hornady XTP on top of new R&P brass. We have tested these alongside some of the defensive .410 and reached similar conclusion to the Box O Truth guys. As cool as the .410 sounds, it doesn't seem to have sufficient penetration. That said, I don't want to be shot by it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom