Help, broken stock on a Nylon 66

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the Remington nylon collector guy was at the Deiner show in Tulsa a couple weeks ago and he had some stocks.
I'm sure he will probably be at Wannamachers next month. If you can't go maybe somebody can get his name and number for you.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, twoforflinching have you tired the JB weld?

I've done everything from flash hiders to cracked engine blocks with JBWeld. It's a quick fix, and I admit it was a little tongue in cheek, but buying a replacement stock would be your best bet. Nothing wrong with JBWeld, but you'd need to do some serious prep work to make it seamless. Like making a few alignment channels on the inside of the stock. Taking enough material out to make sure you get a super hold (sanding/grinding/cutting from the inside to the finish side without cutting through the outside) laying in some small dowels/metal rods, JBWeld to cover it, let cure... Strongest that stock will have ever been... But like I said, it's a lot of work and takes a lot of practice.

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just aquired a Nylon 66 and the stock is broken. Has anyone fixed one, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You have a few options.

You can look for a parts gun or stock. Used to be a Yahoo group called Nylon rifles that you could try also before the Nylon collector guy
I had a card / address for him but can't find it.

You can turn it into a parts gun.

I believe Remington will give you a deal on a new 22. Last time I looked it was $75 and the Nylon 66.

Repair not likely depending on location of break. I have heard of them breaking at the wrist or in front of the receiver cover.
Mine broke in front of the receiver and that is not repairable in my opinion.
I got one of the last OEM replacement stocks from Remington.

voodoobass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen several stocks on ebay, granted, most were overpriced. Worth a look though. My biggest problem is finding clips/mags for one. The Remington 77 just doesn't fit worth a flip! Wish I could come across one. If I see a reasonable stock, will pm ya the info. Do the same for me on mags if ya come across one. Mines the 10C model, you might list which model you have as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom