Help Fellow Gearheads!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there some sort of pressure relief on the pump that is opened to allow manual closing of the roof? If that isn't right or back tight it seems it could cause intermittent issues

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there some sort of pressure relief on the pump that is opened to allow manual closing of the roof? If that isn't right or back tight it seems it could cause intermittent issues
Yes, there is a bleeder on the pump that should be cracked open if you want to manually move the top. I have yet to find out if the system can be bled or even needs to be.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, there is a bleeder on the pump that should be cracked open if you want to manually move the top. I have yet to find out if the system can be bled or even needs to be.
But you have made sure the bleeder is no longer bleeding for sure? Also, could there be air in the lines?

If it's hydraulic and has intermittent issues I would look at the pump, air in the lines and fluid level again.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that link someone mentioned a pump location that wasn't in the manual. Could be someone loosened something somewhere before you got to it.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.fixya.com/cars/t7721358-c6_convertible_top_hydraulic_pump

This link mentions a low pressure cut off switch for the pump. Low fluid or air in the lines could do it. Looking around I don't think the correct fluid is hard to find. I would definitely fill it and use a cheap handheld vacuum pump to bleed it out. Sometimes certain setups are hard to bleed the manual way.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This system isn't very user friendly. The lines go into the cylinders and are held in by a clip that slides in a groove. Where most hydraulic systems have threaded connections that you can crack open to bleed. I would hate to chance getting hydraulic fluid on that leather upholstery. I'll check out the links posted. I had checked to be sure the bleeder was shut. I need to find out if there is a way to bleed it or if is self-bleeding. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom