Help Fellow Gearheads!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got everything working. I went over all the problems related to a system this old with the owner and she plans to replace everything with parts from Hydraulic Tops. Dorman has the replacement pull down motor which I found the OEM one has three cracks in the plastic housing. It would be a smart move to replace all of the system before it springs a leak on the interior. The pumps on the average last about 15 years so this one is about due. The car is back with the owner now. Thanks for all the help.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got everything working. I went over all the problems related to a system this old with the owner and she plans to replace everything with parts from Hydraulic Tops. Dorman has the replacement pull down motor which I found the OEM one has three cracks in the plastic housing. It would be a smart move to replace all of the system before it springs a leak on the interior. The pumps on the average last about 15 years so this one is about due. The car is back with the owner now. Thanks for all the help.
Do you know what ended up being the main problem?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. The main issue was repairing the broken frame piece. All the problems to get it to function correctly were a side effect that I can't really explain. I talked to a man that retired from the Bowling Green Corvette factory and may have been the man that installed the top. He said the microswitches were really sensitive and could be the problem. I never adjusted any of the switches. Another theory I had was maybe when I manually moved the top, I didn't give it time to bled down enough and it took several cycles for the top to auto bleed out and function correctly.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad has a 08. Some jackwad cut the top on it. He should have just left it unlocked. He has yet to replace the top. Hopefully he doesn’t have any problems. Im not telling him about this thread. It will stress him out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom