Help me choose a 40"-47" LCD for the bedroom?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Save your money and get a vizio. I swear by them. I have a 37in that's about 4 years old and I liked it so much I bought a 55in recently. Quality vs price is amazing.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go with Samsung

I have had a 46" LCD for about 4 years now and have had only one issues with it. It was 2 resistors on the power supply board that cost me 2 bucks for the resistors (have spares) and about 15 minutes to replace. They have since fixed this issue. No glare screen and good sound for tv speakers. Plenty of HDMI and aux ports. I have a desktop pc, blue ray, and kids game system hooked up to it and still have 3 aux available. the LED will be my next, but I don't see this one giving up the ghost anytime soon.

Here is the LCD I would go with if you prefer LCD over LED.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Vizio too and they are very good tvs for the money I have about 4 or 5 hdmi ports on my 47in and a variety of other ports i will never use.

With a tv in the range you are looking at make sure it's 1080p with at least a 120hz refresh rate. Lastly if 47in is at the top of your size range then get a 47" and nothing less. I promise that on the ride from the store to the house my tv shrunk a couple inches. Lol They look MUCH bigger on the store display.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the Vizio.

I have a 47 "Vizio LED/LCD in my man cave. Love it...not too bright like a plasma and
it has awesome color,HD,is about 2-3inches thick,amd can do a million things...weather,bluetooth,netflix,excellent sound...no need for a sound.bar.

Bought it at Wal-Mart amd got the 2 or3 year warranty plan, plays the sonyps3 without any problems.....guess I should be a salesman for them.

Cohiba

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the BR...

Don't need a lot of fancy whiz bang features and super duper video processing circuits and software then.

Go with a 47" Vizio. Mine cost $650 plus change about 7 or 8 months ago at Sam's. It does what needs to be done and the HD is pretty good, not great, not as good as my Sony but pretty darn good. The only down side is that the sony is instant on - the Vizio seems like it takes for ever for the operating system to boot up (well - 45 seconds or so but compared to the Sony that is annoying).

Vizio provides a lot of bang for the buck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom