TV Gurus, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. I sure wish it did, and it does a tiny bit - but it does not, much. You sure know a lot - would you mind answering my question: since you said stay away from plasma - (2), or (3)? - thanks - based on everything you know, which of those two is the best choice? The 42" LG, or the 37" Panasonic, from viewing at 8-11 feet? Thanks.

If any of the rest of you know, which is your answer, if you've eliminated plasmas - (2) or (3)? Thanks. Or do you need more information? Thanks again.

One thing I've learned is always buy the bigger TV. If you go smaller you'll always want a bigger one. Just find one comparable performance wise.

Reaction score
Thank you.

--This room is not well-lit; it's usually dark (so that bodes toward plasma, right?)

--Steep viewing angles is NOT an issue; this will be head on, for the most part (so that favors LCD, or either, right?)

I've heard that new plasmas have technology now that eliminates both problems: burning in, and power consumption, so that those two items are no longer advantage: LCD. True? More importantly, true OF THIS plasma for sale - the 720p 46" Panasonic?

OU Gunner

Marksman
Reaction score
CRG stated it well go bigger always go bigger. The 720P is not that much of a difference from a 1080P. Go with what you like and you see as the best picture. Keep in mind some sells men are sales commission based. They will lead you towards what their wallet grows larger with. However test it at the place you buy. Ask to connect a DVD player, a bluray player. Look at different angles, get the model number and research online reviews.

Scout

New to the site!
Reaction score
The naked eye will perceive very little difference between a 720p and a 1080p furthermore it will perceive no difference between a 1080i and a 1080p. FTW = For the win
I need more info on the two to give you an accurate reply as to which I would recommend. It comes down to warranty, contrast ratio, etc.. now
Make sure both have at least a 3 year warranty on the backlight. If they do then I would suggest the larger of the two based solely on that. But if you can provide model #'s of the two I wouldn't mind digging for ya.

Credibility - Expert Cable technician 6+ years

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the listed choices, #2. You might look at the Vizio LCD lineup. They seem to outsell the other brands and have good reviews for flat screens on a budget.

Scout

New to the site!
Reaction score
Glocktogo is correct. Vizio is a great American made product for a very affordable price. Considering your budget you might look in to the Vizio E420VL. Prior to purchasing my Sony Bravia 46" 1080p I owned a 42" Vizio for 3 years. Never had a problem with it

Latest posts

Top Bottom