Help me pick a chainsaw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, John Deere dealers usually sell Stihl and Kubota dealers usually sell Echo if you have those places near you I know my local John Deere dealer has mechanics “stihl certified”.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Price isnt an issue, quality is. Echo has a 5 year warranty which I like. They are all carried by big box stores now. Stihl is in Ace/True Value, Echo at HD, and Lowes has Husqvarna

If you are considering Stihl, check Smith on 10th and Portland, Power Pro on 240 and May, and Atwood’s in Norman. Smith and Power Pro are very knowledgeable and have a vast parts selection.
Metro Turf also is decent.

Smith has always treated me the best on new purchases.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stihl from O’Conners near Quail Spring Mall. Love mine. I will say, however, I also have an old Sears Craftsman that has never failed me; even when standing in a stream cutting limbs under water.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are considering Stihl, check Smith on 10th and Portland, Power Pro on 240 and May, and Atwood’s in Norman. Smith and Power Pro are very knowledgeable and have a vast parts selection.
Metro Turf also is decent.

Smith has always treated me the best on new purchases.

I buy a lot of parts and equipment at Pro Power, its not far from me, stopped by on my way home from work, but they closed early. I have also used Smith, they and PPE are related. My cousin uses Metro Turf for his landscape business and thinks well of them.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stihl from O’Conners near Quail Spring Mall. Love mine. I will say, however, I also have an old Sears Craftsman that has never failed me; even when standing in a stream cutting limbs under water.

Other side of town, but that's my uncle's cousin. Doubt I can get a deal, but I am sure I can get a heads up on when he is getting some if he's out.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Echo for me. Also, bigger is not always better. Most of the times, I can get more work done with a smaller, lighter saw. A heavy 20" will wear you out sooner than a more manageable 14" or 16". It's a rare situation where a 16" won't work. Most times you're sawing small stuff. Chains and bars are cheaper. Also uses less fuel.

Good luck on your decision!

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, if you need it soon (and I assume you do), you may have to buy whatever you can find!

I'll wait if I have to. I can get just about whatever I want delivered the first of next week. With the rain and weather coming in the next couple of days, I couldnt get to it till then anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom