Help on the colt Gold Cup 45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is the winner response. There were, in fact, more than one model of the Gold Cup!@
Stopped by today and talked to him about the cup. He thinks he can get $1,000.00 out of it so I never made an offer but told him he should think about lowering that a bit.
Ha.
Found another gun that he just got in pawn but doesn't expect it to stay.
I'll post it in a different thread.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by today and talked to him about the cup. He thinks he can get $1,000.00 out of it so I never made an offer but told him he should think about lowering that a bit.
Ha.
Found another gun that he just got in pawn but doesn't expect it to stay.
I'll post it in a different thread.
Hmm. He might. And he might not. I wouldn't want in it at that price however.....

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by the place, that has the Gold Cup, at lunch. Owner was not familiar with the 1911's and had asked about cleaning it so I decided to show him by doing it myself.
Gun (probably) not cleaned since it was bought. Broke it down and wow. What a mess. Besides the amount of carbon everywhere, the factory grease in the barrel cap was so gummed up, it took some time to get the recoil spring out. After a lot of ballistol, Qtips, patches and so on, it looks great. Barrel looks pristine . Was able to get almost all the gunk off the frame and slide as well as the mag well.
Shiney as a new penny now, and action is smooth as a baby's butt.
Owner is taking it out to shoot this weekend and thinks he'll just keep it.
Nice to see it back in shape.

FlyAK

New to the site!
Reaction score
Wouldn't fetch much more than the high 5's at the Tulsa gun show. They're not well known for CC or glove box due to the type of sights and because of some worthless, undue internet chatter they've received. They're one of my personal favorites and I'm glad the NM's like this don't fetch as much in this condition as they should. I own two and wouldn't part with either. I do wish the rear sights were less sharp. I have not found a way to carry a NM that the rear sight wasn't poking me somehow some way. not a good night shooter again because of the sights, but it should shoot really well during the day. If its been unprofessionally worked on, pass on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom