Help on the colt Gold Cup 45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this at a pawn shop and wondering what it might be worth. Looks like it spent it's life in a glove box. Hasn't been cleaned in a very long time (if ever). Barrel is in good condition and I think after a real good cleaning, it will be tops.
What do you think it's worth?
Help me out guys/gals.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this at a pawn shop and wondering what it might be worth. Looks like it spent it's life in a glove box. Hasn't been cleaned in a very long time (if ever). Barrel is in good condition and I think after a real good cleaning, it will be tops.
What do you think it's worth?
Help me out guys/gals.
Gold Cup Trophy 45 1911
Colt Gold Cup 1.JPG
Colt gold cup 2.JPG
Colt gold cup 3.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got no idea on value, but it ought to make a very good shooter with just an hour's worth of TLC and maybe a few springs.
I think the springs are a bit weak but other than the cosmetics, it looks good. I think the Pawn shop guy is thinking home run (as for price) but I'm not even going to talk numbers until I know what it's worth in this condition.
It's been lost to pawn and he's not put it out for sale yet.
Help needed.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No scratches but some as you can see the rust looking stuff on the trigger and some on the top of the slide. I don't think the rust looking stuff is anything more than superficial. To look at I'd say about a 6 but would clean up to about an 8

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The grips are wrong, the sites look off to me. Box, if not maybe $700, it it's been modified then it's just a shooter.
The main problem is Colt has come out with this XE series, it comes with a whole bunch of bells and whistles. NIB is only $859

Latest posts

Top Bottom