Help pick silencer platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want a GSG but I'd have to shoot A LOT of .22 to justify the gun and then the $200 for a stamp and then $200 for barrel chop, threading and engraving.

It's not as bad as you think. Talk to jeffsoward, he SBR'rd his GSG. He chopped the barrel himself & used a gemtech 3 lug threaded adapter ($50) to mount a spectre.
GSG SBR

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want a GSG but I'd have to shoot A LOT of .22 to justify the gun and then the $200 for a stamp and then $200 for barrel chop, threading and engraving.

The GSG-5p barrel works perfectly with the gemtech 3-lug adapter. The barrel is $50.00 from GSG, the 3-lug adapter is $70.00 from hotgunparts.com. Also, the engraving cost me $27.00 a local jewelry store. It is not as expensive you would think it is to do it.

silenttim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Beretta 21a would be pretty slick. That's what I was considering before buying the p22.

The best platform I ever had was the Ruger MkIII with the Tac Sol Pac-lite. If you remember it was dead on accurate.

I really want to suppress a lever action next after I part with the P22. I don't know if the Henry Golden Boy has a large enough diameter barrel to have threads cut though. I wouldn't mind cutting down the ammo tube to fit it if it was necessary.

The other option I was considering was the threaded SW MP-22. Jaron had one that was non-threaded until just recently and it was a blast to shoot. I can imagine having a can on the end would just make it that much better.

You could always suppress your boys cricket rifle... :naughty:

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want a .22 AR.

I thought about having the Crickett threaded but the front sight would have to be moved back also and then I'd have more money in it then what it cost me to buy lol.

I really wish those savage bolt guns didn't have that stupid accutrigger cause they make a factory threaded one now that dealer cost on is stupid cheap. Oh well I guess I'll just get the CZ rifle.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Sig Mosquito works great. Also (if you have an AR-15) try the CMMG Conversion Kit with Black Dog magazines. They function great with my Spectre .22 'Can' on the end of the AR ..... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom