Help pick silencer platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have this YHM mite just sitting in my safe. I need something to put it on but want something.... different.

I've had a P22, Ruger 22/45 and a Ruger 10/22 but want something different. Nothing too crazy expensive. I thought maybe a pump or lever action would be cool with the can but coudn't find any that had enough barrel at the end to thread where it wouldn't hit the mag tube. I think a bolt action might be cool too but other then the Savages with the stupid accutrigger that I hate I couldn't find one that was cheap enough. I'd get a pistol too but again I want something different.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I alsways thought that one of the little Beretta 21's with a suppressor would be cool.
awww.tornado_technologies.com_images_threading_Beretta_21A_stainless.jpg

If you want a rifle, what about one of the bolt action CZ's.
ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q46_pistolpete17_CZCheckmate.jpg

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about the B21's. I think Maj. Bryon has one. A little expensive though. I'd have to buy the pistol and then send it to Tornado Tech or somewhere for threading and have to wait who know how many weeks for that. My bro-in-law had his gemtech can on one of those CZ rifles and it was pretty sweet. This is probably what I'll get if I can't figure something else out that's a little different.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could do a CZ 452 American if you want a bolt gun, but my vote would be a 10/22 pocket rifle. 5.5" barrel, folding stock and a small optic like the Bushnell or Primary Arms, Micro knockoff. Perhaps even a lightweight 1-4X variable.

I got to shoot a suppressed pocket rifle with a Norell trigger pack at the OSA NFA shoot Saturday. If I were to get another full auto, that would be it for sure. I may even SBR a 10/22 and do a pocket rifle. They're very handy little rigs.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my vote would be a 10/22 pocket rifle. 5.5" barrel, folding stock and a small optic like the Bushnell or Primary Arms, Micro knockoff. Perhaps even a lightweight 1-4X variable.

I got to shoot a suppressed pocket rifle with a Norell trigger pack at the OSA NFA shoot Saturday. If I were to get another full auto, that would be it for sure. I may even SBR a 10/22 and do a pocket rifle. They're very handy little rigs.

That was a really cool little riffle.
I've been trying to figure out how to get into one since the shoot.
I just can't justify the cost of the FA trigger pack.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ just released a new gun that comes with both .22LR and .17 HMR barrels and the necessary wrenches to make the change quickly, you'd have two calibers like that.

If you're looking for something a little more tacticool, I really like my Sig 522. It's the first auto .22 I've had that has run without flaw through the first 500 rounds.

Of course these are things that can be had right away as opposed to an SBR where you have to wait on the stamp.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's no pump or lever action but it's pretty damn cool if I do say so myself. There are tons of opportunities to shoot this in competition these days too, steel challenge and the recent rifle match at OKCGC...

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_SunFeb21130711CST2010.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom