Help w/Maverick 88

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwillis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what the owners manual says if i would have read it :homer:

"NOTE: To comply with U.S. migratory bird laws, six shot models are shipped with a wooden dowel inserted in the magazine tube which limits magazine capacity to two (2) shells.

To remove the dowel, first remove the barrel. Point the shotgun downward and shake it back and forth lightly until the dowel protrudes from the takedown screw hole in the end of the magazine tube. A rubber “O” ring on the dowel prevents it from falling out accidentally. Grasp the dowel and pull it completely out.

To change back to a 2-shot magazine capacity insert the dowel through the center of the magazine spring so that it is positioned inside the coils of the spring."

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt read mine either :shocked: I just started tinkering with it and was like hmmm why is that in there and took it out then realized what it did.:idea:

Whew, I read this without the quote above it, and thought I might be on the wrong site. Did PH get your log in again?:scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom