Help w/Maverick 88

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwillis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and shot my new Maverick 88 12 gauge for some reason i can't put more then 2 shells in the magazine tube should hold 5 2 3/4in shells. Any ideas?

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and shot my new Maverick 88 12 gauge for some reason i can't put more then 2 shells in the magazine tube should hold 5 2 3/4in shells. Any ideas?
Take the mag tube off, take the follower out and there will be a spring that will shoot out (probably with the follower attached) and inside that spring is a wooden dowel with some o-rings on it take that out

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
reckon that is to give you the lower capacity for hunting some game. pretty ingenious why to accomplish that goal.....oh and who reads the stinking manuals,

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take the mag tube off, take the follower out and there will be a spring that will shoot out (probably with the follower attached) and inside that spring is a wooden dowel with some o-rings on it take that out

Didn't have to do that on mine(M500A tho), I just removed the barrel, pointed the end of the mag tube at the ground, shook it side to side until the plug poked out the end of the mag tube a bit. Grabbed it and pulled it out.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't have to do that on mine(M500A tho), I just removed the barrel, pointed the end of the mag tube at the ground, shook it side to side until the plug poked out the end of the mag tube a bit. Grabbed it and pulled it out.

Yup same for the Mav 88 and that is the method described in the manual though I suppose breaking down the mag tube works too though more work.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to hang on to the rod.
I don't know how many times I've had to cut a new one for a buddy when hunting.
Check the regs. You'll see why it was there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom