Hero shots (dead animal photos)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two oldest boys have each done something I have never done. Oldest shot two pigs just a couple min apart with his bow and my middle son (11) killed a buck on opening day with his crossbow. The buck is one they call Special Ed he had an injury last year and had a big limp with a really messed up rack, this year less of a limp but still way messed up antlers just a little bigger, ended up having 11 points.
My oldest (13) had about12 pigs on him and shot a big sow and then had a couple come rt back in so he shot another.
Very proud of them I was with my youngest son but no luck for us.
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My two oldest boys have each done something I have never done. Oldest shot two pigs just a couple min apart with his bow and my middle son (11) killed a buck on opening day with his crossbow. The buck is one they call Special Ed he had an injury last year and had a big limp with a really messed up rack, this year less of a limp but still way messed up antlers just a little bigger, ended up having 11 points.
My oldest (13) had about12 pigs on him and shot a big sow and then had a couple come rt back in so he shot another.

Man! You guys hammered them! That's a hunt that none of you will forget!:clap3:

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Good job Coy and Corbin! I really need to get Brady hunting (that should give you a hint as to who this is...)

Last edited:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to hunt on the lease I got on back in May. I only had one stand for a south wind and the crappy Stealthcam I have there didn't offer much hope in regards to consistent deer movement, but, cameras only capture what's right in front of them, so I got situated and watched the sunrise.

About 7:10, I heard something coming from the SW and there's a big shadow plodding my way. I quickly drew and stopped the nasty critter at 12 yards, firmly planting a broadhead behind his shoulder. He took off like a drunk bulldozer and snapped my arrow, circling to the NW and I heard him crash. It's my first bow kill since 2014 and I was amped up. As I'm shaking the leaves off of my tree 20 minutes later, from nerves, I notice a doe snuck in to 20 yards from my NE. I drew as she entered an opening and passed an arrow through her chest. She jumped and looked around for about a minute like she got bit by a fly. I could see the hole from my arrow. She then ran directly below my stand to the other side of me and stopped again. I could see her teetering. She eased down into a thicket and bedded for the last time. My tree is now barren, no leaves to be found. I'm glad I'm tied to my tree.

It's only 7:35 so I wait for a bit to see what else presents itself. I proceeded to be pinned in my tree by 5 more does including one with triplets. 2 of the triplets had spots still so they gave their momma a free pass when she started blowing but couldn't pick me out. I recovered my doe and looked for the hog for about 10 minutes, but was worried about the temps, so I quartered out my doe and came back to track the pig. He didn't bleed well as my arrow stuck in his opposite shoulder and the high entry wound didn't allow for much blood to exit. I finally found him about 1pm, but given the temps and he was a boar, I just took some pictures with him and left him to feed the critters if they'll have him.
20171001_114057.jpg 20171001_133618.jpg

The evening hunt in the same spot only turned up some turkeys which didn't get close enough for a shot. I'm incredibly grateful to have fresh venison again.

Checked my game camera in that location and found the triplets nursing on their mom, confirming my pass on her.

STC_0028.JPG STC_0035.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to hunt on the lease I got on back in May. I only had one stand for a south wind and the crappy Stealthcam I have there didn't offer much hope in regards to consistent deer movement, but, cameras only capture what's right in front of them, so I got situated and watched the sunrise.

About 7:10, I heard something coming from the SW and there's a big shadow plodding my way. I quickly drew and stopped the nasty critter at 12 yards, firmly planting a broadhead behind his shoulder. He took off like a drunk bulldozer and snapped my arrow, circling to the NW and I heard him crash. It's my first bow kill since 2014 and I was amped up. As I'm shaking the leaves off of my tree 20 minutes later, from nerves, I notice a doe snuck in to 20 yards from my NE. I drew as she entered an opening and passed an arrow through her chest. She jumped and looked around for about a minute like she got bit by a fly. I could see the hole from my arrow. She then ran directly below my stand to the other side of me and stopped again. I could see her teetering. She eased down into a thicket and bedded for the last time. My tree is now barren, no leaves to be found. I'm glad I'm tied to my tree.

It's only 7:35 so I wait for a bit to see what else presents itself. I proceeded to be pinned in my tree by 5 more does including one with triplets. 2 of the triplets had spots still so they gave their momma a free pass when she started blowing but couldn't pick me out. I recovered my doe and looked for the hog for about 10 minutes, but was worried about the temps, so I quartered out my doe and came back to track the pig. He didn't bleed well as my arrow stuck in his opposite shoulder and the high entry wound didn't allow for much blood to exit. I finally found him about 1pm, but given the temps and he was a boar, I just took some pictures with him and left him to feed the critters if they'll have him.

The evening hunt in the same spot only turned up some turkeys which didn't get close enough for a shot. I'm incredibly grateful to have fresh venison again.

Checked my game camera in that location and found the triplets nursing on their mom, confirming my pass on her.

]

You had a big day! Congrats on the piggy and doe. Shame you couldn't have made the grand slam on a turkey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom