Hesitant AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Takedown pin holes are concentric using micrometer to measure. The upper fits snugly onto the lower, with the pins in place there is zero play between the upper and the lower. Takedown pins, and their respective holes have not been messed with. I will be firing it this evening. if I can get it to do what I'm talking about, I will get it on video and post it.

I did notice that the jam nut on the stock of this lower had come lose. which would explain problems on this lower, but it still doesn't solve having the same problem on other lowers (a quick check reveals that their stock jam nuts are tight). sounds like I need a better jam nut on this lower.

I will carry a couple of quarters with me and give that a try. don't think it would hurt anything.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
understand that. this is a poly lower, not too sure I want to stake this one. I know the end plate is metal, the castle nut is metal - but the lower is poly and this is the most delicate of it (and where most break) - so no stake.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay. so it appears that the whole problem was the loose buffer tube. loosening of the nut caused just enough misalignment to give me trouble. It doesn't explain everything, but it explains the trouble with this set up.

I've looked for info on how to stake the jam nut to the tube but have come up empty. If this is possible, it may solve my problem. doctorjj, can you point me to a site that has info on how to do this properly?

Latest posts

Top Bottom