Hi Point Torture Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real problem is sifting through all the noise of the haters and fanboys to get actual information on how reliable they are.

Exactly. I recently bought a used 995 Carbine. It was cheap. ($125). Anyhow, I didn't even fire any ammo before dealing with the magazine not feeding honked me off enough to call H-P.

They told me the thing was built in 1996 and they -really- wanted me to send it in for a complete refurb.

Anyhow, It's at the 'mothership' getting everything but the receiver replaced. On their dime. I just paid the shipping to them ($14).

Now, I've spent my money and do not have a functional carbine. However, with what I have in it I cannot grump. It's going to be a 'fun gun'. If I hate it I'll have no problem getting my money back.

I'm not going to play fanboy, nor am I going to rag on it just for the sake of trashing a cheap gun.

I'm going to give it a good run and will happily report my experience and opinions. I am going to be optimistic and hope what I get back is a reliable fun gun to shoot. I keep logs on every gun I own/shoot. The numbers will not lie.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point though, you have to be thinking positively just based on how receptive they were by asking you to ship the gun, right? We can withhold final judgment until after it's been returned and vetted, but at least the reports of their service department being cooperative appears valid.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 carbines and the one I bought new has had 4000+ rounds through it w/o 1 hiccup.I have cleaned that gun a total of 0 times.Squirt a little Weapon Shield in it every now and then and fire away.It is w/o a doubt the ugliest gun in my collection but it is the only gun I own that has NEVER not gone bang when I pulled the trigger.Not bad for $231.00 and some change.I'm thinking the 45 would be fun as h*** to own too.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The age old saying remains true: You get what you pay for. Good for the gun in the video, it did well considering. On the other hand, I have seen frustrated owners bring theirs right back to the shop after the first outing with them. Guess its a crap shoot, just like anything.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have owned EVERY model hipoint has made. Except a 40.
None has given me any issues and I find them to be very accurate.

I have been considering another for a truck gun.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old thread but i let my son shoot my Hi-Point 45 pistol yesterday and he found this torture test on the 9mm
I thought you guys would get a kick out of this torture test..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg

I know i know it does not need to go through that to prove it is a reliable gun.
Reliability is when it shoots where you aim when you pull the trigger.
So far my 45acp has treated me well. I even took a deer with 1 shot at 47 paces with my 45 Hi-Point pistol.
Thick wooded area and figured i would try it.
It was getting too easy killing them with my savage 10fp .308
Watch the video..very funny!

Latest posts

Top Bottom