Hi Point Torture Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not get to see most of that video as it skips like a bad record on my 2000 year Dell 256mb computer.
I really need another.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<----- long time hater now converted. I've now got 4 of the damn things, they make a good truck/garage gun.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard anything good about hi points. As a matter of fact when my wife and I got our handgun licenses a few years ago there was another woman that brought a brand new hi point to the class. She was shooting right next to me and kept having to have the instructor come over and try to get it to work. It would jam up and not fire. It took over 5 minutes to get it to work. Plus they have to be the ugliest pistol on earth. I wouldn't have one. Not something I would trust my life to.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had any automatic guns.. My first was a Hipoint 45 so i have a dislike for 1911's
They feel light and toyish and toss the spent case back at you ,, If you are a girl right down the front of your shirt.

The old guys i hung around with all had wheel guns.
I suppose if i grew up around 1911's i would like them.
Now i have held some big bulky ones and i liked those.. Have no idea what they were..can't remember names for anything.

I do not like Fuel injected stuff or weak overdrive transmissions in hot rods or trucks.
Lot's of people do and lot's of people have them.

I would not want my daughter or any of my kids carrying any guns.
Unless out hunting.
But just me i guess.
I have heard a bunch of issues with the 9mm's jamming , but only time i have had that issue is when i was
handloading some really really slow rounds, just to see how slow i could make a 200gr go and still function.
Mid 500fps and she will not eject them all the way.. 650 fps and all is great.
I do not buy store made ammo unless it is 22.
In fact i have some cci blazer i do not like.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had any automatic guns.. My first was a Hipoint 45 so i have a dislike for 1911's
They feel light and toyish and toss the spent case back at you ,, If you are a girl right down the front of your shirt.

The old guys i hung around with all had wheel guns.
I suppose if i grew up around 1911's i would like them.
Now i have held some big bulky ones and i liked those.. Have no idea what they were..can't remember names for anything.

I do not like Fuel injected stuff or weak overdrive transmissions in hot rods or trucks.
Lot's of people do and lot's of people have them.

I would not want my daughter or any of my kids carrying any guns.
Unless out hunting.
But just me i guess.
I have heard a bunch of issues with the 9mm's jamming , but only time i have had that issue is when i was
handloading some really really slow rounds, just to see how slow i could make a 200gr go and still function.
Mid 500fps and she will not eject them all the way.. 650 fps and all is great.
I do not buy store made ammo unless it is 22.
In fact i have some cci blazer i do not like.
Why do you not want your kids to be able to exercise their 2A rights? And what does a hi point have to do with you not liking 1911's? This post is confusing. And you actually knew people that used wheel guns? Actual wheel locks? Just wandering what you meant by this post.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One child got out of rehab recently because of her ex spermanator.
She hangs around her drug abusing mother,, not a good situation around her and her cronies for any weapons.

Older son is easily PO'ed ..last child was at the wrong place at the wrong time and has a felony when he was a minor.
About to be relieved of that.
They can if they wish to carry but i will not be giving any of them any guns.

I did not raise any of them like that ..I do not even smoke cigarettes or anything or even drink coffee neither does my wife but they all do. Maybe i spoiled them too much.
They are all getting better all have good jobs and heads out of their arses.

Kids will go their own ways.
I never seen or held a 1911 and the Highpoint is all i knew besides some old revolvers.
I have my dad's German 6" 357 mag.. Sure like that one..As does the wife.. That is her favorite to shoot.

Then a buddy pulls out this light gun 1911 that is a ***** to pull back and a ***** to load ammo into the magazine.
And it will fire a round that is in the chamber with the magazine removed..does not seem safe..
In the right hands i would think it was safe.
I do not like the hammers on a 1911 , a bit weird to ease it back down, weird that it even has one..
Some kind of extra safety i suppose.
I do like the fact that you can replace barrels easily.
I shoot lead and do not feel i will wear out a barrel though.

Yes wheel guns..I have more German in me than Sioux and Cherokee.

But i was referring to revolvers (Wheel guns) not black powder (wheel lock guns)

I may be old fashioned in some ways..I do not feel i will ever need a cell phone. Would be good if you are using it for a business.
But to have one in case of an emergency. I feel that is not needed ..What emergency.. what did people do in emergency before cell phones...
I do not pay for TV either..I do not like monthly payments..
Sorry life story.
We all live differently and like what we like , no harm in that.
:)

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One child got out of rehab recently because of her ex spermanator.
She hangs around her drug abusing mother,, not a good situation around her and her cronies for any weapons.

Older son is easily PO'ed ..last child was at the wrong place at the wrong time and has a felony when he was a minor.
About to be relieved of that.
They can if they wish to carry but i will not be giving any of them any guns.

I did not raise any of them like that ..I do not even smoke cigarettes or anything or even drink coffee neither does my wife but they all do. Maybe i spoiled them too much.
They are all getting better all have good jobs and heads out of their arses.

Kids will go their own ways.
I never seen or held a 1911 and the Highpoint is all i knew besides some old revolvers.
I have my dad's German 6" 357 mag.. Sure like that one..As does the wife.. That is her favorite to shoot.

Then a buddy pulls out this light gun 1911 that is a ***** to pull back and a ***** to load ammo into the magazine.
And it will fire a round that is in the chamber with the magazine removed..does not seem safe..
In the right hands i would think it was safe.
I do not like the hammers on a 1911 , a bit weird to ease it back down, weird that it even has one..
Some kind of extra safety i suppose.
I do like the fact that you can replace barrels easily.
I shoot lead and do not feel i will wear out a barrel though.

Yes wheel guns..I have more German in me than Sioux and Cherokee.

But i was referring to revolvers (Wheel guns) not black powder (wheel lock guns)

I may be old fashioned in some ways..I do not feel i will ever need a cell phone. Would be good if you are using it for a business.
But to have one in case of an emergency. I feel that is not needed ..What emergency.. what did people do in emergency before cell phones...
I do not pay for TV either..I do not like monthly payments..
Sorry life story.
We all live differently and like what we like , no harm in that.
:)

I don't get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom