Highway on ramp speedlimit laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know the law or section for the speedlimit on a onramp to a highway? I thought you could go as fast or as slow as needed to merge safely on to the highway. I know there are alot of law enforcement on this site so I know somebody can produce the article.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't think there was one. There obviously is on an off ramp, but I figured you were just supposed to do what 0352Marine (T.O.W.=Tube launched Optically tracked Wire to command link guided missle) said. Never heard of anyone getting a speeding ticket on an on ramp.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Max speed is the same as the limit for the road you are on. The yellow sign is a recommended speed.

Yap and that will just about get you killed getting on the interstate.

It grippes me to no end for someone to take there slow sweet time about getting on the interstate when I'm behind them and the traffic is going 60+ MPH!!!

I have yet to see a LEO inforce the speed limit for on ramps.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

:homer::bolt:

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n261_bettingpython_Who_20thread_20bombs_WTF.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n261_bettingpython_Who_20thread_20bombs_WRONG.jpg

We have seen your ilk before with comments like this. Enjoy your abbreviated stay.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Max speed is the same as the limit for the road you are on. The yellow sign is a recommended speed.

And really, that's to help truck drivers because some times a curved ramp isn't what it seems.

I normally take the exit 82 ramp on I-40E in Weatherford at 55-60 if I'm in the Mini (the F-150 will only take about 45 before you start getting wheel hop). The exit of the curve has a little dip in it, so the median might creep up on you a bit if you hit that just a tad wrong. It's just sooo fun. The ramp for Neptune Drive in Clinton on I-40W has more banking than it looks like it has. You can do pretty good if you ride around it like 3-4 at Darlington.

Latest posts

Top Bottom