Historical sites and memorials of Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay so I love history, especially when it pertains to my area or something I am associated with.

With that said, how about a thread of locations and pics of historical and memorial sites in the area? And maybe even just cool places in general? Off the beaten path types?

I did a quick search but didn't find any results, but my search effort was kinda minimal. Lazy.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fort Gibson, OK. They have a smaller replica of the original fort. The hospital, officers quarters, and one building for enlisted soldiers still stands, the arsenal (i think) has a small museum. The town itself has a lot of houses/buildings on the historical register. They are currently restoring downtown.

O

OkieGentleman

Go out to the Tourist center on the North side of OKC off I-35 and raid their literature racks. Good reading in the winter and you can plan one day trips with the young ones. Also when you see the historical marker signs, stop and read, there are some interesting things happened around Oklahoma over the years. Throw a couple sets of binoculars in the back of the car for these trips and the kids will have a ball.

Latest posts

Top Bottom