Hk P30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks BigRed82 I never considered the p30s. You learn something new everyday.

The P30 in my post technically is a P30S. That's why I mentioned the ability to carry cocked and locked. The "S" is not stamped on the gun, it's not in the owners manual. It's written very faintly near the handle of the carrying case. I don't see a mention of what caliber you're looking for. Right now the P30S is available only in .40S&W. You'd think surely a 9mm would follow.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sports World in Tulsa has the HK P30 in 9mm, 2 different versions. One with a longer barrel, and the regular 3.8''ish barrel.

I am looking at the 9mm.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious and don't mean to belabor the point, but are they the "S" model with the external safety lever? That's the variant you'll need if cocked and locked is your desire. All the 9mm I've seen are the standard P30 with no external safety.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious and don't mean to belabor the point, but are they the "S" model with the external safety lever? That's the variant you'll need if cocked and locked is your desire. All the 9mm I've seen are the standard P30 with no external safety.

Yeah, the P30s is only available in .40sw currently. The 9mm version will become available sometime over the summer.