HK USP shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you own one, or have..please let me know likes, dislikes...

I have been an avid glock shooter most of my adult life..just didn't want to try a sig, for fear for it creating something else that costs even more to like, but now have a sig 220 that I like a whole lot!

But now am getting a bug for an HK USP in 9mm...
Have heard great things about the HK socom, but a $2000 pistol is no where on my horizon, but found some used very good to excellent usp's in 9mm for $459.

what do you all think?

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go for it. I'm a big fan of the USP series. Very reliable, accurate and depending on the trigger system, you can carry it cocked and locked. $459 is a good price for a USP 9 in excellent shape.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go for it. I'm a big fan of the USP series. Very reliable, accurate and depending on the trigger system, you can carry it cocked and locked. $459 is a good price for a USP 9 in excellent shape.

you can also decock it, then fire it D/A if the need arises.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SSgrock3,

Whats the intended purpose? What are you going to be using it for? Slow range plinking? CCW? Competition?

To save some time:

If you are getting it for slow range plinking or "just to have" then go for it.

CCW, Im sketchy on. I carried my 9mm Fullsize for awhile but quickly moved away from it, and went back to a glock.

While they are accurate and reliable, they are limited in the area of muzzle flip. USPs have a very high bore axis. Even my 9mm Tactical has more muzzle flip than higher power calibered handguns I own.

Also, cant stand the trigger.

Since you are in yukon, if you ever want to head to Canadian Ranges, you are more than welcome to put some lead downrange through my USP Tac9. I will most likely be going there Saturday morning to sight in a rifle and maybe play around on the pistol range. If you send me a PM, and want to meet Saturday morning, I will make sure the USP makes it to the range bag.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had my USP 45 for a while now and I love it....it was my first .45 and I don't think I will ever part with it. It shoots great, has the decocker as mentioned above, its never failed me once...will spit out whatever I feed it. Only drawback in my book was mentioned above....its a big pistol and hard to Conceal carry...other than that, I love it.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USPs are great guns. You have a be one great shot to notice the difference in bore axis. Is it higher...yes. Will it affect you in competition...maybe. In a real world shootout...I don't think so.

Personally I think USPs are more comfortable and more accurate than Glock...of course Glocks are cheaper and can easily share mags between fullsize and compact models. Either one will work for its intended purpose.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had both. Still have the Glocks. The USPs are too large, bulky and complex. Like Sig, HK has an affinity for numerous linkages in their pistols. I've done trigger jobs on several. They can be come quite respectable, but this shouldn't be necessary on a $600 gun (my feeling on 1911s also).

The USP, in raw measurement, is not significantly larger than Glock, but the additional material is stuck on in places that make it (subjectively, but for many) more difficult to conceal comfortably.

If you've put significant rounds through your Glock(s), and like the feel, the USP may not be a good fit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom