HK USP shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a good pistol, I am about to pick one up, to replace the one I sold years ago. As far as glocks go, my uncle is in the Oklahoma County Reserve Deputy Academy. Some of you OKCGC guys probably know him, he is very active there. He went through with his Sig, 28 guys had Glocks, 1 Kimber, and 2 XD's. My uncle had a few failures but qualified every single time. The RO didnt think the Kimber would make it, and he was right. Not a single glock every had a failure, and I believe there were 8 quals...so 8x28=224 range quals with no failures. My uncle has glocks, but has never been a fan, but is reconsidering. Like he said, there is a reason they have 70% of the LEO market, and thats the same reason glock doesnt do redisgns, or new models often, do one thing, and do it well...

danbob10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 5 HK pistols....Other than blueing issues with one of the 45's, I have enjoyed shooting them all. They are very dependable and recoil seems more mild to me than the glocks in same caliber. I did trade my hk USP 9mm , so I could get another hk 9mm, the HK P30....it's the new love of my life. If you can get the P30 instead of the USP, I'd do it.

OkieTac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
USPs are accurate as hell out of the box. Good balance, reliable, many safety configs. Get the tactical models and some suppressors and get used to knocking down bowling pins at 75 yards.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had a single problem with any of my HKs. Not so for Glocks...feeding problems with both a G19 and G26. No big deal, it was IMO weak ammo, but the same ammo always worked in the HKs. That being said I'd look at the HK45 or the P30 over the USPs. I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, but the grip feels great in my hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom