Hogs and stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some hogs showed up at my buddy's spot. I try to let him shoot first, since it is his spot, but I'm sitting here scratching my head on how he connected on those two shots....especially the 2nd one. lol. We also had some cows trailing us the entire time. The hogs were about to take off once the cows spooked and started crashing through the woods.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like the SFAR? What can are you running?

Looking into a suppressor for my SFAR soon I hope.
The weight of it is a big positive. My initial testing with some factory ammo was pretty good as well, but these were only 3 shot groups at 100 yards. It shot Fedaral Fusion 165 gr 1.25", Hornady Black Amax 168 gr .73" and Sig Venari SP 150 gr .62". The can is a Yankee Hill Machine Nitro 30. This rifle is louder than my Armalite and I'm sure that's due to having a 16" barrel and my Armalite having an 18". There is also a little bit more recoil, likely due to the light weight of the rifle, but it's an AR, so the recoil still isn't that bad. Overall I like it so far. I mainly got it for my son to use when we hunt hogs and I will use the Armalite.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I walked in to check cameras on the place behind my mother’s place this morning and smelled pigs, so I followed my nose and was able to get within about 50 yards of the only pig I could see. I shot her with the 308 barrel, and the others scattered. The piglets bunched back up, and I took a 25 yard skillet shot with 12 ga 00 buckshot and dropped two more. Three down and probably 40 more in the group to go.
IMG_0100.jpeg

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I walked in to check cameras on the place behind my mother’s place this morning and smelled pigs, so I followed my nose and was able to get within about 50 yards of the only pig I could see. I shot her with the 308 barrel, and the others scattered. The piglets bunched back up, and I took a 25 yard skillet shot with 12 ga 00 buckshot and dropped two more. Three down and probably 40 more in the group to go.
View attachment 423526

Latest posts

Top Bottom