holographic sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

special ed

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a good yet cheap type of holographic sight? I am setting up an assault m1 carbine and want a sight that is reflective as well as batterie powerd

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a good yet cheap type of holographic sight? I am setting up an assault m1 carbine and want a sight that is reflective as well as batterie powerd
You mean fiber-optic and battery powered, like Trijicon's Tri-Power?

Here's the deal: honestly, you can get some decent optical sights for $75-150. You can't get decent "high-speed" optics for under $300. The more doodads the Chinese (or Taiwanese, Pakistanis, or Mejicanos) try to incorporate into the knock-offs, the less capable the end product is. That level of manufacturing coordiantion and end-product durability doesn't come at an "economy rate."

The Primary sights are supposed to be decent; I believe they may be made by Konus (IIRC) who is the actual maker of the sights supplied by Sig. I just put a Swift 1.5-6 scope on an AK. $116 delivered from SWFA, clear glass, sharp adjustment clicks and positive magnification changes.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's an assault m1 carbine?

That would be an M2 Carbine. :)

To the OP, are you looking for something to put in the corner or closet for home defense, or something to use for defense outside the home?

If it's for home use, I'd recommend locating a good used Aimpoint ML2 so that you can leave the optic turned on and have a very long battery life.

If you're looking for something to use away from the house, I'd recommend locating a good used Aimpoint ML2 so you can have confidence that it will be durable and maintain a good zero.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's for home use, I'd recommend locating a good used Aimpoint ML2 so that you can leave the optic turned on and have a very long battery life.

If you're looking for something to use away from the house, I'd recommend locating a good used Aimpoint ML2 so you can have confidence that it will be durable and maintain a good zero.

Me, I would totally discount what GTG said and go with a good used Aimpoint ML2. It will perform well for what you want to do. :P

Jerry, this is actually what I am thinking about for my 9mm SBR, what do you think? Too much?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me, I would totally discount what GTG said and go with a good used Aimpoint ML2. It will perform well for what you want to do. :P

Jerry, this is actually what I am thinking about for my 9mm SBR, what do you think? Too much?

Not at all! For my game AR, I picked up an immaculate used Aimpoint 7000SC (essentially an elongated ML2 designed for rings fore and aft) for $200. You couldn't buy another optic new that was half as good for anywhere within $30-40 of that.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at the burris fast fire II i put one on an AR and it did fine i think it cost me $160 delivered

I have one on my suppressed .22 Buckmark and for the application, I like it ok. But they have friction lock windage and elevation adjustments, which I would never trust on a defensive gun.

They also aren't even remotely as durable and rugged as an Aimpoint. Even the higher end Docter and J Point sights have been known to fail. IIRC, someone on enos forums does a mod that makes them more durable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom