holster for a service woman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girlfriends sister is a doctor in the US army and has recently been deployed. She is required to carry her M9 at all times and never has been required to carry like that. A recent video chat she mentioned not liking it in the standard hip holster. SO... I was thinking hooking her up with a shoulder or tanker style holster. I saw a thread on these holsters the other day on this but now cant find.

So she will be needing a holster for comfort and open carry all day what you guys say?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being that she is a doctor, a tanker style rig might get in her way as far as her doctorly duties are concerned.

Maybe a thigh rig is what she needs. It'll keep the Beretta out of her way and down lower, her hips won't push the butt of the pistol into her ribs.

There are several makers out there. I would suggest one by Safariland or maybe a Blackhawk Serpa in foliage to match her ACUs.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GCode makes some nice gear and have an M9 version for all of their models. They also have a pretty nice drop leg setup using their RTI system. Check them out. They also have an RTI belt slide duty accessory that allows you to run the gun on a belt but with a couple inches of drop to it. Might be a good option for her.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/index.html

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd worry about sending her something and not being able to use it. Different commands/locations have different requirements, for example most troops in Afghanistan are wearing Multicam now, but some are still wearing ACUs. Some commands do not allow shoulder holsters as well.

Maybe get some more specifics from her first.

A thigh rig is a good option and allows donning of armor without getting in the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom