Home Inspection Services

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just signed a contract on a new home and I am looking for a home inspection service. Looking for recommendations and warnings about bad companies. The realtor has suggested Advanced Home Inspections, H&H Inspection Services, and Home Team Inspection Services.

My brother had a bad experience with his last home inspector and I want to avoid that situation. Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used a company called Case the Place here in Edmond. Used him twice had a good experience both times. I don't want to post his phone number here so just google case the place edmond ok and he will pop up.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used this guy and several people I've recommended him to have loved his work. I wouldn't use anyone suggested by any realtor.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Misc_1DEA7B58_38bcbf15aaf0ed7002326f4edefc3bde.jpg

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been screwed by every home inspector I've ever had do an inspection for me. Dustingaunder is right - do not trust any home inspector that is recommended by a realtor.

This service:

Guardian Inspections, Inc.
1236 Bradford Terrace
Yukon, OK 73099
405-412-8693

did the inspection on my old place for the new buyer. Wish I had known him when I got my current house inspected. He is very thorough.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another "don't trust the realtor's recommendation" ... I was absoluted F'd over by my realtor's guy ... Oh, well ... I think I've gotten everything all fixed up now. I probably could have knocked another $7-9K off the asking price had I known about the problems the roof (that the inspector gave a clean bill of health) had before I signed on the dotted line.

I don't have anyone (as I am NEVER selling this house! lol) to recommend but CONGRATS!! on the new home! :)

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Not trusting the realtor's suggestions is my first choice as the realtor may be suggesting those that help the sales go smoothly or otherwise getting something from the companies they recommend.

I will look into those that have been suggested and keep looking for others over the weekend.

Dave

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an Ex-Realtor i will tell you don't ever let your realtor pick the inspector they are going to pick one that is going to make sure the sale goes through. If you want to use the inspector that makes every realtor in the state of Oklahoma cringe when he shows up then call this guy

S & S Engineering Inc
(405)373-0660

Tuplumber

Marksman
Reaction score
If you have local contractors you use and trust I would ask them to do a home inspection for you. Most will and a licensed contractor has far more knowledge about plumbing, electrical, hvac, etc than your average home inspector.

Latest posts

Top Bottom