Home Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any pics of the interior?

IMG_9261.jpeg
IMG_9262.jpeg
IMG_9267.jpeg
IMG_9266.jpeg
IMG_9265.jpeg
IMG_9264.jpeg
IMG_9263.jpeg
IMG_9268.jpeg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I have the same brick. House built in 1962. When mom is gone it’s getting painted and the blue Alcoa siding is getting ditched too. What was she thinking? :screwy:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I have the same brick. House built in 1962. When mom is gone it’s getting painted and the blue Alcoa siding is getting ditched too. What was she thinking? :screwy:

It is some solid brick. I hung shudders on it and had to hammer drill holes for the concrete screws. They are hard. This home was built in 1959 amd finished in 1960.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After seeing the interior, I have to agree with CHenry. Paint the brick.

From the outside, I would not have expected the interior to be so modern and highly attractive. You have done an outstanding job!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After seeing the interior, I have to agree with CHenry. Paint the brick.

From the outside, I would not have expected the interior to be so modern and highly attractive. You have done an outstanding job!

Thank you! It was a hell of a lot easier when I was a young man!

I knew nothing about painting brick. I have talked to three painters. It seems that Paint make up has progressed well. There is specific paint to use, just determine a correct nap roller to accommodate the texture of the brick.

We are thinking about it. I still have to paint the exterior trim and match the trim to the windows and shutters. Exterior Doors and Garage Doors will match windows, Trim will match the Shutters and Roof color.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom