Homemade slingshots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in making some powerful slingshots and was wondering if any of you have ever tried making them out of plywood? Like maybe half an inch or ¾ inch? I would like to make a rifle type slingshot, sort of along the lines of the one that this guy made-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQulkCAY4U4&feature=relmfu

But I want to use a two by four to make the stock section, instead of a Christmas tree. And as I see it, the simplest way to mount the forks, would be to carve them out of a piece of plywood, then glue and screw it onto the end of the two by four. Does anybody know if it is strong enough?

If no one can give me any guidance, then I would just have to try it and see, though it may be a little while.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a type of plywood available that is made from solid birch with no voids, somewhere around 20+ layers, and epoxied together. It is used by pattern makers. If you can find a pattern shop they might have a few scraps around you can pick up for cheap. It usually has a formica type finish on both sides. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom