Homs, Syria 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what are they supposed to defend their homes with? You sound like an armchair quarterback. If an army is moving upon your house with high powered weapons and rockets, and you have nothing, what are you going to do? Throw potatoes at them? The idea isn't to scold them, the idea is to use this as a reminder never to give up arms.

When I was in Ar Ramadi Iraq in 2003, I watched a man try to refill his radiator on his car. He was dipping a water bottle into raw sewage running down a street.
I think people forget that if the water system fails in that part of the world, you are within 3 days of death.
I don't feel sorry for they guy in Iraq or the people that live in Homs, all of them need to fix their own counties.
Right or wrong, good or bad, It does not matter to me, but I spent 20 years of my life making sure Oklahoma does not look like Homs. Syrian refugees need to fix their own country and not be a burden on other nations because they are cowards.
Anyone have a little more sympathy for those Syrian refugees? I have zero sympathy for people who are not willing to defend their own homes.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have never been to that part of the world, or you would of not made the assumption you did.

And what are they supposed to defend their homes with? You sound like an armchair quarterback. If an army is moving upon your house with high powered weapons and rockets, and you have nothing, what are you going to do? Throw potatoes at them? The idea isn't to scold them, the idea is to use this as a reminder never to give up arms.

chigger digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were them , and lucky enough to escape such carnage ANY country that would take me in would find me to be such an angel that they would be proud to be helping me . NOT sorry and scared that they ever did !!

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have to see part of that world to know why people are running from that kind of firepower if they don't have sufficient weapons to fight back. A bunch of AK's aren't going to destroy a city like that. Sizable firepower is. Why don't you make an actual argument with facts instead of a douchy comment that you have no sympathy? I'd love to hear facts and your first hand knowledge on how a city is supposed to fight off that kind of firepower? Do you know if the people of that city had the same amount of firepower? If so, then your argument is different.

You have never been to that part of the world, or you would of not made the assumption you did.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have to see part of that world to know why people are running from that kind of firepower if they don't have sufficient weapons to fight back. A bunch of AK's aren't going to destroy a city like that. Sizable firepower is. Why don't you make an actual argument with facts instead of a douchy comment that you have no sympathy? I'd love to hear facts and your first hand knowledge on how a city is supposed to fight off that kind of firepower? Do you know if the people of that city had the same amount of firepower? If so, then your argument is different.

The damage could have been caused by both sides as taking the city went back and forth.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is how the destruction in the video in the OP was caused

Assad was compelled to turn over his nerve gas weapons for destruction so now his military resorts to barrel bombs and chlorine bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom