Hope this is not a new trend....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I walked into a Braum's store in Lawton today for lunch. In front of me in line was a kid (a teenager at most, but old enough to drive) wearing a black nylon tactical vest over his shirt, complete with multiple mag pouches and a nylon holster worn cross-draw style on the lower left side of the vest. I was immediately concerned by his appearance, him wearing an out-and-out tactical vest AND clear shooting glasses in a busy, public place, though thankfully the holster on his vest was empty. Beyond that, his wavy hair was a bright reddish-orange, and he was tall and slender. I have no doubt that he was intentionally trying to look like the guy who must be his hero, because his resemblence to James Holmes was almost uncanny. He was soon joined by 3 or 4 friends, and their conversation soon turned to some violent video game or the other they were all wrapped up in. Now I suppose you can dress up like the Tacticool Fool to play some stupid video game if you want to, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would choose to emulate--right down to the same gaudy hair color--a mass murderer. I hope this is not the start of a new fad or trend.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I CC in Lawton - not ever looking for trouble but if it comes my way then I want to be able to do more than try to crawl away under fire or wait until someone walks by to pop me or my loved ones.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I CC in Lawton - not ever looking for trouble but if it comes my way then I want to be able to do more than try to crawl away under fire or wait until someone walks by to pop me or my loved ones.

Yes, sir, you can best believe that the holster worn under my shirt was not empty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom