Hornady 73 grain ELDM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for an alternative to my Berger 77 grain OTM. AR matches will be coming on soon and I'm down to the last 200 rounds of this loaded. Didn't have the luck with the Barnes Match Burner 77 grain BTHP like I did the Berger. I was looking at some SMK's in 77 grain and Creedmoor Sports sent an email with these ELDM's on sale for 24/100. I've found data on them with N135 and Tac (which I have) but most data work up's I read have it running over Varget.

Anyone have decent luck with these at distances up to 550?

1-7 twist 18"

Thanks in advance OSA

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried a lot of different weight bullets in my 1:9 .223 bolt gun and the 55 v-max was king.
Your 1:7 is a far distance from that but you will never be satisfied until you try everything.

When I buy a new bullet I buy 500 of them same lot number.
About to go get some 75 gr V-Max .243 bullets.

I NEED THEM!!!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is that? Is Hipower range the 550 yard?
Highpower 600 yard says 62 grain or larger.
Screenshot_1.jpg

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like to me if no one is in the target butts, you can shoot any weight you want. If your by yourself it isn't an issue. If your shooting a match at 600 you wouldn't want lighter bullets anyway.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for an alternative to my Berger 77 grain OTM. AR matches will be coming on soon and I'm down to the last 200 rounds of this loaded. Didn't have the luck with the Barnes Match Burner 77 grain BTHP like I did the Berger. I was looking at some SMK's in 77 grain and Creedmoor Sports sent an email with these ELDM's on sale for 24/100. I've found data on them with N135 and Tac (which I have) but most data work up's I read have it running over Varget.

Anyone have decent luck with these at distances up to 550?

1-7 twist 18"

Thanks in advance OSA
77gr SMKs if you're gonna reload. IMO.
RL15
8208XBR
TAC

Since 262 is a proprietary blend, it's almost impossible to get 2750 out of re/handloads without pressure issues.

Alternatively, you can buy ammo.
@soonerman turned me on to AAC 77rg SMK match ammo from PSA. It's the bee's knees so far and it's affordable. Not quite MK262 but it's still hauling ass. I am gonna get some more and get some velocities on my MK12 and B&T.

There's is a bunch of Black Hills MK262 online and IMI equivalent if you wanna go that route.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like to me if no one is in the target butts, you can shoot any weight you want. If your by yourself it isn't an issue. If your shooting a match at 600 you wouldn't want lighter bullets anyway.
Damn good way to get a couple years of work pissed away by not following a simple rule

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
77gr SMKs if you're gonna reload. IMO.
RL15
8208XBR
TAC

Since 262 is a proprietary blend, it's almost impossible to get 2750 out of re/handloads without pressure issues.

Alternatively, you can buy ammo.
@soonerman turned me on to AAC 77rg SMK match ammo from PSA. It's the bee's knees so far and it's affordable. Not quite MK262 but it's still hauling ass. I am gonna get some more and get some velocities on my MK12 and B&T.

There's is a bunch of Black Hills MK262 online and IMI equivalent if you wanna go that route.
The SMK will be the next bullet I try. I have had really good luck with the ELDM's in the past. I shoot the 168 in my 20" 308 too. These are such a good deal, I thought about getting a bunch to try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom