Hornady Critical Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As has already been stated I would not carry ammo based on what I've read here or anywhere in any caliber on any platform. Buy it and shoot it. If a particular round performs well in your particular firearm in your caliber(you see where this is going) then carry it.

Don't take anything you've seen on the web or TV or in literature and just assume it will work.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanted to like this stuff, but I had quite a few failures to fire with it. Hornady admitted they had an issue with primers on a few batches and sent me a few new boxes. But at that point the damage had already been done and I didn't trust it in my carry gun(s)

Here's a pic of the failures, you can clearly see how heavy those primers were.

2 PMCs on left show how the gun was hitting the primers with other ammo brands, the Hornady outside the box was hit twice before it went off, the other in the box did not fire.
gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_794585739_ffs2G_M.jpg

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanted to like this stuff, but I had quite a few failures to fire with it. Hornady admitted they had an issue with primers on a few batches and sent me a few new boxes. But at that point the damage had already been done and I didn't trust it in my carry gun(s)

Here's a pic of the failures, you can clearly see how heavy those primers were.

2 PMCs on left show how the gun was hitting the primers with other ammo brands, the Hornady outside the box was hit twice before it went off, the other in the box did not fire.
gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_794585739_ffs2G_M.jpg
These are .380's? What kind of gun , if you dont mind my asking?

Latest posts

Top Bottom