Hornady LNL Powder Measurer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Hornady powder measurer that is standard issue with the press.

It keeps going out of adjustment every 15-20 rounds, and when it does it goes out big time like 5 grains.

The problem seems centered around Hogdon 110 on a 23 grain charge. Any ideas what the issue is?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's ball powder is it not? Same as Winchester 296? I haven't used H110 but I used to load a bunch of 296 and it was like water. Metered great.

I got no clue if everything is locked down and such, but I can tell you this. You know that video on Hornady's site about setting up that measure and the guy cleans it with the Hornady One Shot Dry Lube?

It don't frigging work!

I used it just like that guy did and I might have well used the case lube. BLC2 stuck to it like a magnet, clodded up in the drop through expander and was just a general mess. It wasn't wet either, I let it dry over night before re-assembling it. I'd clean it with break cleaner or something and make sure it's totally dry of any residue. A used dryer sheet might help too but I doubt static is going to cause a 5 grain variance.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar problem using Bullseye. I cleaned my LNL powder measure with the dry lube that Hornady recommends, but I still had to pull cleaning wads through the powder rotor several times to remove the so called residue-less dry lube in order to get my powder drops proportional. After that I had no issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom