Horrible Horrible Winter storm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so first, I stay up late last night cuddling and watching movies with my fiance and daughter (knowing I dont have to get up early).
Then, we all sleep in late.
Then we watch movies. Now, I am being forced to eat home made chocolate chip cookies and snow ice cream.

WHAT A WOMAN!!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sound like you got it rough.

I am making French onion soup and got to watch 4 episodes of the Unit and play on the computer all day surfing gun sights all day.

Although my Shepard is going nuts inside all day. She has been outside a few times going crazy running around playing in the snow.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife made chicken tortilla soup for lunch and is making french toast and bacon for dinner, so I feel your pain.

My shepherd is also voluntarily housebound - he likes the snow but doesn't care for the wind, so he's been in almost all day. He has been bunkered in right along side us. I send him out to do his business and he stands in the door with this look on his face that I can only interpret as "why don't YOU step out there and take a whiz!!!"

I've only been outside once today for any length of time and that was just to help my cousin get his car unstuck - FYI the Lincoln LS and packed snow do not mix.

leardriver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I'm still a newcomer. But I've lived in Oklahoma for 32 years, and the drifts are higher than I've ever witnessed. Picture this: I'm standing in my dining room looking out toward the front yard. The drift that 's stacked up against the window is at eye level. I'm 6-1. My wife is 5-4, so her view is blocked.

But, we're well provisioned for several days. So far today, chicken pot pie, cereal and banana, popcorn, ham sandwich, and my wife just presented me wih a fried egg sandwich. She's making pasta tomorrow. Plenty of Dr Pepper, so life is good.

Cap'n Bill

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I smoked chicken, and the wife has a cheesecake in the oven. Played games all day, now need to find something to watch, when the schools shut down my company pays us to stay home, bummer huh?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stayin warm and inside all day. We made homeade chicken noodle soup and have plenty of food for several days. Also made peanut brittle... Life is good.:comfort:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I'm still a newcomer. But I've lived in Oklahoma for 32 years, and the drifts are higher than I've ever witnessed. Picture this: I'm standing in my dining room looking out toward the front yard. The drift that 's stacked up against the window is at eye level. I'm 6-1. My wife is 5-4, so her view is blocked.

But, we're well provisioned for several days. So far today, chicken pot pie, cereal and banana, popcorn, ham sandwich, and my wife just presented me wih a fried egg sandwich. She's making pasta tomorrow. Plenty of Dr Pepper, so life is good.

Cap'n Bill

I've lived in Oklahoma all my life and this is the first time I have ever experienced white out. That was kinda freaky. I was disoriented and I wasn't even outside in it -- just standing at the door waiting on the dog to get done with her bizniz ... Glad I didn't have livestock to attend to ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom