Horton, Barnett, etc...what are your opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm kind of thinking about a crossbow. i already have a mathews bow. i like it and will continue to use it....but i am really interested in a crossbow. i've read the posts that describe the drawbacks, but i'm still intrigued. Tell me what brand you have, what you like, dislike...things to look for before purchasing, etc.

thanks!

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Barnett Predator and really like it. I looked at the Buck Commander but as a first time crossbow user I went cheaper. I got the package with a quiver, 4 bolts and 4 field tips for $289. The Predator is pretty light and not that end heavy like the BC. Its advertised at 315fps but I think most users I've seen on Youtube are getting in the 290-305fps range.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i'm a cheapskate and went with the horton xl 150 almost ten years ago. i have never had a reason to upgrade. i thnk it was $247 delivered off ebay.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer compound bows. They are much lighter & WAY more maneuverable.
Just those two attributes could make or break the hunt. IMO

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
I purchased a 10point Lazer about a month ago and have really liked it so far. I was going to buy a Titan but they told me they were in short supply and that 10point would sell the Lazer for the same price which was $200. higher. $700. dollars for the bow and six carbon arrows. The main reason I went to the crossbow is that I can now hunt out of stands I couldn't even think about with the compound bow and it will be much easier to hunt from the ground.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Bought the ten point xlt turbo, like the crank system and scope, shoots awesome. Always willing to try something new so I bought one. Given the choice though, I'll take my longbow hunting:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom