Fox News Irony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that I'm not a regular on Fox News, but I got on there this morning and tried to see what was going on and any article I clicked on required you to enter your email address which I am not really interested in doing. I don't know how long they have been doing it or if it is all articles or some or what but any of the articles on the front page that I try to read will let you read like 2 lines and then said enter email to read full article.

Ironically, I did a google search to see what was going on and one of the first articles I came across was this which does not require a log in but is pretty telling...

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/everyone-seem-want-email-address

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fox can go fly a kite! There is plenty of other sources of info and news. When their web traffic and clicks go down perhaps they will wake up like Bud Light and others.

I have noticed the same with Fox News website recently.

Pure and simple greed.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that I'm not a regular on Fox News, but I got on there this morning and tried to see what was going on and any article I clicked on required you to enter your email address which I am not really interested in doing. I don't know how long they have been doing it or if it is all articles or some or what but any of the articles on the front page that I try to read will let you read like 2 lines and then said enter email to read full article.

Ironically, I did a google search to see what was going on and one of the first articles I came across was this which does not require a log in but is pretty telling...

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/everyone-seem-want-email-address
This is EXACTLY what prompted me to start the thread asking folks which online news source is their preference. On foxnews.com, it just started happening this week I believe. It's my morning go to for over the top conservative news then I go to MSN.com for the other side and figure somewhere in the middle is accurate. I won't give them my email address so kinda done with that site.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watch their TV channel some, but I avoid their website like the plague. Full of crap popping up on your screen, minimizes videos to a smaller window in the corner when you "close" it, requires several clicks to get to actually look at what you were trying to see. It's irritating as hell, so I just don't...

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) Create an account on any of the free email services (gmail, yahoo, etc., etc.)
2) Anyone who wants an email address that you don't want to hear from, give them that one.
3) Problem solved

Here's a completely not exhaustive list of providers
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/free-email-accounts
Might work for a while but if your cache is cleared then will be asked again and most times they send you a confirmation to said email which you have to reply. Just like the local nightly news, I don't think I'll miss much in finding another news source than foxnews.com.

Appreciate the input though!

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, Fox wanting your email is annoying, they don't get mine. And their site is so slow over the last few months, waiting on all the ads to load up.
I click on the website out of habit, get mad, then go somewhere else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom