Fox News Irony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when NEWS agency's won the right to not be called news... but entertainemnt. I realized they can ALL go EFF themselves... And I wouldnt expect them to feed me anything we used to call NEWS....

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get unsolicited emails frequently and scroll down to where it says unsubscribe so I click on that. If the next screen has my email address on it and unsubscribe I'll click on it since they already have my email address and it's probably legetimate. However, if my email address isn't noted, I go back to my email and mark the email/s as phishing or I simply block them. It is difficult to keep up with all the stuff flipped and sent around on the internet,

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fox can go fly a kite! There is plenty of other sources of info and news. When their web traffic and clicks go down perhaps they will wake up like Bud Light and others.

I have noticed the same with Fox News website recently.

Pure and simple greed.
None can be trusted any more. I turn them off or change the channel when the news comes on.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does OSA sell user information? I’m not sure why I started getting a ton of firearm and ammunition related spam emails.
I honestly would not be surprised, but I also doubt it. Using a tool called a web scraper (you can get them free if you run linux) you can "scrape" a website and get every email address included within the site, exported to a tidy excel spreadsheet for you to compile into a nice list. Takes about 30 minutes to learn if you're slow like me. So any emails put out in the clear (like classifieds ads) are ripe for the taking. Go do that to every gun forum you can find and I bet you could compile a couple tens of thousands of emails to sell to an advertising agency or company looking for firearms related leads. Might have to throw a few more trick in there, but that's roughly how it goes. With a little knowhow, you could automate the entire process.

Also, if you use your username for your email handle, which many people do, you also leave yourself vulnerable. Sometimes people will take a list of usernames, feed them through a program that adds popular email domains to them such as @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com, @msn.com, protonmail, zoho, and outlook will get you a ton of hits. Those email providers/domains listed above cover about 4 billion of the worlds email users. These junk mailers and such simply cast a very very large net.

Latest posts

Top Bottom