Hot Dog!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_9389.jpeg

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is great! I think hot dogs are the perfect food. Especially like the Chicago Dog. When one goes to Chicago, this is a staple made with Vienna Beef Franks. The Dodger and Doyer dogs are (or were) a pure pork frank made in LA by a company called Farmer John. Farmer John is now owned by Smithfield which is now owned by a Chinese company.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Dirty Harry. Mustard, relish, onions. Done. You could throw some chili and cheese on there too if you wanna, but no :censored:ING ketchup! :scream:

What is fascination with ketchup? I like Heinz or Whataburger Spicy ketchup on my fries or onion rings, but that's it!

I also like a brat with mustard, grilled onions and grilled Bavarian style kraut!

ready-for-dinner-lets-eat.gif

It's too bad I can't eat any of that sh*t anymore. :grumble:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's several ways I fix a hotdog. Depends on what we have in the fridge. The dodger style is usually what I go for unless it's a chili dog. Usually don't put lettuce on my hotdogs.
And I like both ketchup and mustard on it but mustard only will work if I'm in a hurry.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is fascination with ketchup?
Ketchup on hotdogs is a regional thing. I grew up (kind of) in So Cal where it was pretty common. Other places I have lived were rather apathetic to what one garnishes their hotdog with. When I lived in Chicago, it was not done partly due to the tomato chunks or slices on the dogs there.

As long as the hotdog is made with beef or pork, I am OK. I don’t like hotdogs made with chicken. They don’t have the “bite” of pork or beef franks. My favorite

As to size … food scientists will say that the wider the frank, the more flavor will hit one’s tastebuds. Meaning a regular or the longer style “bun length” will not present as much flavor as a “jumbo”/or wider frank.

Lastly … to me, I like hotdogs off the grill best. I like getting the casing to have a crisp bite. Next would be pan fried and then boiled. All to do with getting the casing to have the right bite. Microwaving is my least favorite but possibly the way I do it most because of convenience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom